EUROPEAN MARITIME DAY - 2019
CREATION - The European Maritime Day (EMD) was officially created on 20 May 2008 where the President of the European Parliament Hans-Gert Pöttering, Council President Janez Janša, and Commission President José Manuel Barroso signed a Joint Tripartite Declaration establishing it.
Lisbon is Portugal’s hilly, coastal capital city. From imposing São Jorge Castle, the view encompasses the old city’s pastel-colored buildings, Tagus Estuary and Ponte 25 de Abril suspension bridge. Nearby, the National Azulejo Museum displays 5 centuries of decorative ceramic tiles. Just outside Lisbon is a string of Atlantic beaches, from Cascais to Estoril.
Lisbon enjoys a Mediterranean climate. It has one of the warmest winters of any metropolis in Europe, with average temperatures 15 °C (59 °F) during the day and 8 °C (46 °F) at night from December to February. The typical summer season lasts about four months, from June to September, although also in April temperatures sometimes reach around 25 °C (77.0 °F).
EMD HEADLINE THEMES
* Brussels 2008: "A regional approach to the implementation of Maritime Policy"
* Rome 2009: "Integrated Maritime Policy and the contribution of maritime clusters"
* Gijón 2010: "How to foster innovation?"
* Gdansk 2011: "Maritime Policy: Putting People First"
* Gothenburg 2012: "Sustainable Growth from the Oceans, Seas and Coasts"
* Valletta 2013: "Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism"
* Bremen 2014: "Innovation driving Blue Growth"
* Piraeus 2015: "Ports and Coasts, Gateways to Maritime Growth"
* Turku 2016: "Investing in blue growth – smart and sustainable solutions"
* Poole 2017: "The Future of our Seas"
* Burgas 2018: Bulgaria "TBA"
* Lisbon 2019: Portugal "TBA"
* Cork 2020: Ireland "TBA"
* Den Helder 2021: The Netherlands "TBA"
* Ravenna 2022: Italy "TBA"
* Brest 2023: France "TBA"
* Svendborg 2024: Denmark "TBA"
LINKS & REFERENCE
ENGLISH CH - GOC - GULF GUINEA - GULF MEXICO - INDIAN - IOC - IRC - MEDITERRANEAN - NORTH SEA - PACIFIC - PERSIAN GULF - SEA JAPAN - STH CHINA - PLASTIC - PLANKTON - PLASTIC OCEANS - SEA LEVEL RISE - UNCLOS - UNEP WOC - WWF
This webpage is copyright © Cleaner Oceans Foundation Ltd (Company No: 4674774) April 2017, Solar Studios, BN271RF, United Kingdom. The name Miss Ocean™ is a trademark of the Cleaner Oceans Foundation™. The names Amphimax™, SeaVax™ and RiverVax™ are trade names used under license.